The iron doesn’t give a shit.
I had a hard time getting myself to the gym. Have had this problem for couple of weeks, so busy at work the only time to work out was in the middle of the night. Last time was a total failure and the worst workout ever:
– ten minutes of cursing in the car and already driving away from the gym
– deciding to give it a fucking try
– fifteen minutes of cursing to myself for even tryin to workout
– lifted the bar a few times
– leaving the gym, cursing all the way home for such a fucked up day
So I guess I actually found out the worst workout I’ve ever had.
So the shadow of doubt from that workout was on my mind when I entered the gym last night. I REALLY didn’t feel like working out and it was very late already.
At first I was thinking that this is not going anywhere… but I just spend some time… and waited. I tried the barbell for a warmup. No. Still not feeling it. Then a thought entered my mind. Maybe I should try something new. Like the Louis Simmons walking with a weighted dip belt. I ended up doing that… and I think I love it. Rest of the workout was pretty basic but enough for a decent workout.
– Randy Couture Barbell complex (1 round)
– Walking with weighted dip belt (20-50kg) for twenty minutes
– Cable Pulldown 20/100, 30/100, 40/50, 50/20, 60/20, 70/10, 80/8 =308 reps
– Pressing the Leg Press 100
– Berbell complex again, two rounds
Ended up doing a good workout. I was feeling shitty from the last couple of days so the iron actually gave me the best therapy session just in the right moment.